Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Thursday -- My Week

I worked a long day today. But it was productive and successful. And that's always a good thing. Even though I've had a rough time emotionally the last few months, work has given me something to feel good about at the end of the day. I know I haven't been the easiest person to be around lately. But I'm very thankful to my co-workers for putting up with me!



I also texted with The Boy this morning. [sigh] It's no secret; I question his ability to make an intelligent decision. I worry about him with my whole heart...regularly...almost constantly. I don't want to go into a whole lot of detail. But I'll say this...he had another court date on Monday and isn't in jail. That's a good thing, right?

Suffice it to say, I consider these short bursts of communication to be our life-line right now. Hopefully they mean as much to him as they do to me.


Have you ever felt the need to raise the white flag? Throw in the towel? Cry, "Uncle"...in your really loud voice? I had to do just that yesterday. Thank God for backup and restore practices. It all started in November. I created the framework of a report that I run weekly. Unfortunately, the numbers on one line of my report were inflated...and have been with every iteration of the report since. Well Friday afternoon, I fixed it! ...or so I thought.

Much of Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday, I worked at fixing my 'fix'. Ugh! So frustrating! With everything I tried, I was making the problem worse instead of better, until I got to the point where I no longer had any confidence in the data.

So, I called our IT support and requested the database be restored back to Friday morning...BEFORE my 'fix'. And voila, within the hour, a HUGE weight was lifted from my shoulders.

So, the flaw with that one line of data is still there. But it isn't nearly as much of a nuisance as it was a week ago. Ahhh, perspective.

And now it's my weekend.

No comments: