Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Been There, Done That

A few months ago, I wrote a blog entry about 100 things I've never done.  I figure it's time to cover the other side of that wall.  Here is a list of 25 things I've done or can do.  Enjoy!

  1. I can solve a Rubik's Cube.  I'm no speed demon, but when I'm done, I assure you there are six solid-colored sides.
  2. I can sing.  I prefer to sing alto and can usually find a harmony pretty easily.
  3. I can change my own tire.  Any of them.  Pick one.
  4. I joined the Air Force and served for 6 1/2 years... every one of them at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.  I was active duty during Desert Storm, but was on maternity leave for the duration of it.
  5. I've been to an Air Force Academy Falcons football game.  I've been to several, actually.  Fly-by's and all.
  6. I've had brunch with Barry Goldwater.  He visited the Academy when the Visitor's Center (which bears his name) was opened and honored.
  7. I served as a Security Police Augmentee for the Air Force Academy graduation the year Vice President Dan Quayle gave the commencement address ('92).  It snowed!  And it was foggy.  I'm pretty sure it's the only year that the Thunderbirds couldn't fly over the ceremonies due to weather.
  8. I won the John L. Levitow award (top graduate) for my Airman Leadership School class.
  9. I've worked a telethon where I answered the phone.  We were even on a local television station.
  10. I graduated from high school in '89, earned my A.A.S. in '94, and finished my B.S. in '99.  Probably should have finished my Masters by '04, but I hated the online degree process.  I've never really considered going back.
  11. I was married and divorced inside of 2 1/2 years.  I've been single the second time longer than I was single the first time.
  12. I have had 12 different addresses since graduating from high school...though some of those were very short-lived (basic training and tech school).
  13. I finished my first 5k in June '12.  I finished my second one in September '12.
  14. I have been to 31 states and Washington DC.
  15. I have escaped from hand-cuffs.  Twice in the same night.  I was in uniform at the time.
  16. As a Girl Scout, I camped at Spring Mill during a tornado.  Made a friend in the next campsite that I still keep in touch with.
  17. I've survived blizzards in both Colorado and Indiana.
  18. I have been to a handful of Indianapolis Colts games, a Colorado Rockies game, and a Colorado Avalanche game.  The team I was rooting for only lost in one of those games.
  19. I have voted in all but one election that I was eligible to vote in.  The people I voted for did NOT always win.
  20. I have been giving blood since Basic Training.
  21. I've been a Mary Kay consultant (though sometimes barely active) since the 1994.
  22. I've driven I-70 between Colorado and Indiana probably two dozen times...each direction.
  23. I have been on a cruise...to the Bahamas.  LOVED IT!!!
  24. I have had 35 stitches, one broken bone, and one minor surgery in my life.  Oh yes, and childbirth.  I did that too.
  25. I've been working at Crane for 11 years and have had five different employers.  Most of the time, I held the same position on the same contract, but the contract kept getting awarded to yet another contracting firm.
Coming up with things I've accomplished was much more difficult than coming up with things I've never done.  Maybe I need to take my 'never done' list, knock some of those items out, and add them to the 'done' list.

No comments: