Monday, September 22, 2014

Psalm 91


1 You who live in the secret place of Elyon, spend your nights in the shelter of Shaddai,
2 saying to Yahweh, 'My refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust!'
3 He rescues you from the snare of the fowler set on destruction;
4 he covers you with his pinions, you find shelter under his wings. His constancy is shield and protection.
5 You need not fear the terrors of night, the arrow that flies in the daytime,
6 the plague that stalks in the darkness, the scourge that wreaks havoc at high noon.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, you yourself will remain unscathed.
8 You have only to keep your eyes open to see how the wicked are repaid,
9 you who say, 'Yahweh my refuge!' and make Elyon your fortress.
10 No disaster can overtake you, no plague come near your tent;
11 he has given his angels orders about you to guard you wherever you go.
12 They will carry you in their arms in case you trip over a stone.
13 You will walk upon wild beast and adder, you will trample young lions and snakes.
14 'Since he clings to me I rescue him, I raise him high, since he acknowledges my name.
15 He calls to me and I answer him: in distress I am at his side, I rescue him and bring him honor.
16 I shall satisfy him with long life, and grant him to see my salvation.'

No comments: