Monday, October 20, 2014

Psalm 101


1 [Of David Psalm] I will sing of faithful love and judgement; to you, Yahweh, will I make music.
2 I will go forward in the path of the blameless; when will you come to me? I will live in purity of heart, in my house,
3 I will not set before my eyes anything sordid. I hate those who act crookedly; this has no attraction for me.
4 Let the perverse of heart keep away from me; the wicked I disregard.
5 One who secretly slanders a comrade, I reduce to silence; haughty looks, proud heart, these I cannot abide.
6 I look to the faithful of the land to be my companions, only he who walks in the path of the blameless shall be my servant.
7 There is no room in my house for anyone who practices deceit; no liar will stand his ground where I can see him.
8 Morning after morning I reduce to silence all the wicked in the land, banishing from the city of Yahweh all evil-doers.

No comments: