Saturday, November 22, 2014

Psalm 116



1 Alleluia! I am filled with love when Yahweh listens to the sound of my prayer,
2 when he bends down to hear me, as I call.
3 The bonds of death were all round me, the snares of Sheol held me fast; distress and anguish held me in their grip,
4 I called on the name of Yahweh. Deliver me, Yahweh, I beg you.
5 Yahweh is merciful and upright, our God is tenderness.
6 Yahweh looks after the simple, when I was brought low he gave me strength.
7 My heart, be at peace once again, for Yahweh has treated you generously.
8 He has rescued me from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling.
9 I shall pass my life in the presence of Yahweh, in the land of the living.
10 My trust does not fail even when I say, 'I am completely wretched.'
11 In my terror I said, 'No human being can be relied on.'
12 What return can I make to Yahweh for his generosity to me?
13 I shall take up the cup of salvation and call on the name of Yahweh.
14 I shall fulfill my vows to Yahweh, witnessed by all his people.
15 Costly in Yahweh's sight is the death of his faithful.
16 I beg you, Yahweh! I am your servant, I am your servant and my mother was your servant; you have undone my fetters.
17 I shall offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of Yahweh.
18 I shall fulfill my vows to Yahweh, witnessed by all his people,
19 in the courts of the house of Yahweh, in your very heart, Jerusalem.

No comments: