Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's the 9th

Some highlights of my day...in no particular order.

1. Peyton Manning was voted MVP again. FOURTH time. He got 39 1/2 votes out of 50. Pretty cool. The only four-time MVP winner in the NFL. That's gotta feel pretty affirming. I can't imagine being that good at what I do. I'm so glad he plays for my team. GO COLTS!




2. I also heard an interview on Thy Word Network this morning with our 'new' kicker, Matt Stover. He's been in the NFL for TWENTY years, but has only been with the Colts since Vinatieri got injured. I was very impressed. I'm a new fan! Anyone who gives God all the glory and bases all decisions (personal and professional) on God's will is a good guy in my book.

3. I don't know if you noticed, but the sun is shining! The temps are still only barely up to double digits. But the day seems so much more friendly with blue skies and sunshine. Personally, I don't mind winter and snow and such. I'm not one of those silly people who lives in the Midwest and then complains about cold air and snow IN JANUARY. That's like someone living in Seattle and complaining about the rain. Four seasons every year...that's why we live here. That's why I love it here! Nevertheless, after a few days without sun, I welcome it back with a smile.

4. I got my hair cut today. It was way past due. I like it. Nothing fancy, just shorter. I didn't like my last haircut, but I have to say, I'm happy with this one. Now I need to try to cover up the gray. I'm thinking Medium Ash Brown.

5. Today I also bought a pair of sunglasses. I haven't worn sunglasses in quite some time. Sure I had those things that clipped onto my eyeglasses. But I'm wearing contacts again...since about three weeks ago. With the snow on the ground and the sun shining, I decided it was a good day to purchase some shades. I feel so cool.

6. Today's message from the Message From God application on Facebook:

"On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know... that circumstances don't make you, they reveal you. How you respond to the life God offers you is what makes you."
I think I'll write that one in my calendar and read it regularly.

No comments: