Monday, January 25, 2010

Stop the World; I Wanna Get Off!

I have been crazy busy this month. Between work and Jeff and this benefit that I'm helping to organize and my MK, I've been a busy girl. Well, guess what...busy isn't really agreeing with me lately.
I'm losing my patience...with pretty much everyone. I'm overly critical...about pretty much everything. I'm argumentative and defensive in any number of situations. I'm regularly on the verge of tears...I KNOW you've noticed! I'm in NO mood for anything new. And I do mean ANYTHING. If one more person gives me one more thing to do, I'm pretty sure my head will pop right off my shoulders. I know I'm not being my best self. And I hate it!

I know it's gotten to a 'critical point' because I'm trying to isolate myself as much as I can. I hole up in my home (or my car) and ignore my phone and just hope that no one knocks on my door. My brain needs a break. My body needs a break. My whole self...yeah, you guessed it...needs a break.

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury right now. I need to work and I have plenty to do there. If I could just get a good night's sleep, work would actually be a haven, as I would be able to be productive and successful and have something to feel good about. Unfortunately, when I'm stressed, sleep doesn't come easily.

Jeff is a constant concern for me. I worry about him regularly; I don't expect that to change.

This Benefit doesn't happen until Saturday. Six more days. But wow, Friday and Saturday will be HELLA-busy. I hope to sleep ALL DAY Sunday. (On a positive note, I really think it's coming together. But I'll feel SO much better after we've raised thousands of dollars!)

And I've all but put my MK on hold, just trying to keep up with everything else.

I know if I could just sleep, the speed of life would be much more manageable. Ahhh, sleep. My long, lost friend.

So, I've decided that what I need is a good book and a GREAT night's sleep. So, when I get home tonight, I'm going to the library to check out a book I've never read before. TOTAL FICTION. Something that takes my mind completely out of my world and lets me live the life and times of some made-up character for a little while. I'm going to have a light dinner, which will include two Melatonin. Then I'll head to bed with my library book and try to forget about life for awhile. Hopefully sleep will come easier tonight than it did last night.

No comments: