Sunday, June 13, 2010

Health and Fitness Update

Okay, I’ve had lots going on and I’ve been remiss in posting my health and fitness progress. So, I’ll start with this… I lost 10 pounds in May (woohoo!), but gained 1 ½ of that back the first week of June. Fortunately, I lost that 1 ½ pounds in the last week. So, I’m ten pounds down in six weeks.

It seems that I’m either doing well with my diet OR with my workouts…not both at the same time. And I’m cheating on my diet much more than I want. I’ve also been slacking on drinking my water (or PowerAde Zero, aka…PAZ) because I’ve fallen in love with McDonald’s sweet tea. NOT good for my ultimate goals.

So, tonight, I’m going through my Nutrisystem (NS) meals and deciding exactly what I’m eating every day this week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That keeps me from having to think about it when it’s time to eat. I’ll be able to just grab the next meal on the shelf. I will also restock my PAZ for the week.

I joined the local gym (The Bodyshop Gym) with a friend. We got some training from the guy in charge. He explained to us that we need to work certain muscles together and then sufficiently rest them while working other muscles. He taught us proper technique and told us to be consistent. We’ve been to the gym three times and are really enjoying it. This is what we’re working on…


TWO-DAY CIRCUIT TRAINING

Day 1 (3 sets of 10-15 reps of each exercise)
  • Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
  • Wide-Grip Pull Downs
  • EZ Barbell Curls
  • Standing Calf Raises
  • Dumbbell Flat Bench Press
  • Low Rows
  • Dumbbell Curls
  • Hip Abductor
  • Hip Adductor

Day 2 (3 sets of 10-15 reps of each exercise)
  • Leg Extensions
  • Shoulder Press
  • Bar Push Downs
  • Leg Curls
  • Dumbbell Lateral Fly
  • Leg Press
  • Rope Push Downs
  • Sitting Calf Raises
  • Hip Abductor
  • Hip Adductor
  • Ball Crunches

Our plan is to do each day 2-3 times a week. In addition, we’re doing Zumba two days a week and TurboKick at least once a week. (I have every other Friday off and can do TurboKick twice a week when I’m off on Friday).
You know what? Zumba makes me feel sexy. TurboKick makes me feel empowered. And weightlifting makes me feel strong. Sticking with my diet makes me feel like I have self-control. I like feeling sexy, empowered, strong, and in control.
I think I'm going to like it even more when I look the part.

No comments: