Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out Sick

I have been home from work, sick all week. This cold (or whatever it was) has totally kicked my butt. The last four days, I've split my time fairly evenly between figuring out how to sleep without being able to breathe...and actually sleeping. I've accomplished a whole heck of a lot of nothing...unless going through an entire box of Puffs if being productive!


Today, I actually got dressed. I went to dinner with a friend. One, because I was ready to eat, but not ready to cook. And two, just to get out of my apartment for awhile. The act of getting ready for dinner (showering, getting dressed, putting on a bit of makeup) was exhausting. By the time I got home from dinner, I was ready to go to bed. But I told myself that I wasn't going to bed until at least 8pm.


I plan to go to work tomorrow. I've been out so long, I don't even really remember what's on my to-do list. How sad is that?! I've been off work FIVE DAYS in a row!!! I'm totally out of the loop. I'm sure I have more than a hundred emails to get through. And I have this report to run that I do weekly. I'll peruse the to-do list a few times... and probably update it with things from my email.


But my primary goal will be to get through the entire work day before falling over to take a nap.

No comments: