Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So much...


I saw this picture while perusing the Internet and LOVED it. It's called "Overwhelmed" and was painted by Annie Preece. Check out her story: Annie Preece, Overwhelmed: A Painting from My Journey to Recovery


Okay, I don't have Annie's story. And thank God for that! But my head is just in too many places these days. It's making me a little dizzy. It's definitely keeping me awake at night. So much going on. So much to do. So much to remember. I don't know where to begin most of the time. I'm not even keeping up with the things I really need to be keeping up with. Fortunately, I feel like I'm keeping my head above water emotionally...most of the time...which is saying a lot for me. But I don't feel like I can say that in most aspects of my life. And that in itself is stressful. I just keep telling myself to keep going with the flow. That if I simply keep putting one foot in front of the other, things will ultimately find their right place. I don't know how true that is, but I have to believe that it is. Without hope, without faith, I'd be a basket case, I'm pretty sure. I don't need to be a basket case. I don't WANT to be a basket case. I am NOT a basket case!


Right?


So, in this painting which really speaks to me, each color represents an aspect of my life that my mind tries to process...and each change of direction is my mind jumping from one color to the next. Hard to focus on anything, isn't it?

No comments: