Monday, April 25, 2011

Dream: Break Up

Last night, I had a dream that I was in a relationship with a man who looked a heck of a lot like Neil Patrick Harris.  This is the second time I can remember having a dream about being in a serious relationship with a gay man. Check out the first time.


Anyway, in my dream, we were so close, practically inseparable.  We held hands all the time and made each other smile.  You know, all the sweet things that couples do when they're falling in love.

I don't remember much else about our time together...except the end.  I don't know how, but I learned that this man had a wife and two kids.  I have no idea how I didn't know this before.  But I was truly hurt that this man led me to believe that we had a future together.  What's more, I was an accessory to him stepping out on his wife...something I would NEVER do in my waking hours!

Not knowing what to say, I reacted by immediately removing my hand from his loving grasp.  He looked surprised and softly said, "Hey, this doesn't change anything between us."  I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "It just did."  Then I walked away.

Remember, it was just a dream.

No comments: