Saturday, November 22, 2008

I had a dream

I had a dream this morning that I was getting married. And this one has been haunting me all day. Not that it was traumatic or anything. Just...well, normally I can figure out why I dream certain things. With this one, I got nothing.

I remember that I was at a house. Not my house. Not a house that I'm familiar with. And my parents came to visit. Or maybe they were already there and I came to visit. It's not important. But I remember talking to my mom about this guy. She asked me if I'd heard the news. I'm like, what news. Then she told me that this guy was going to propose to me.

I don't know how she knew that before I did. But I remember thinking that I was HUGELY jealous when he was with that other girl...whoever that is.

Before I even got to talk to the guy, we were already planning the wedding for St. Martin's church within just a few days. Even though it wasn't my home parish, it was his when he was growing up. Still, it sure seemed like we were rushing things.

I kept thinking that I needed to talk to Brian. (That's the future groom, Brian.) But I wasn't sure when I was going to get that chance. Strange, huh? Nevertheless, I kept planning the wedding.

The next thing I know, I'm walking down the street and it starts to rain. Just a drizzle, not a downpour. I love rain! So, as I'm walking down the street and enjoying the rain, I see Brian running by. He wasn't running away from anything; he was exercising. And he was wearing a dark gray hoodie with the hood on his head, but still I recognized him.

So, I called out his name a couple of times. When he didn't answer at first, I thought that maybe it wasn't him. And I was feeling a little silly that I didn't even recognize my future husband. But he finally stopped his run and turned to look at me. Then we walked up to each other in the middle of the street...without saying a word.

Finally, he said, "Well? Think you're up to it?" (meaning the marriage proposal)

I told him that I thought so, but I had a few questions for him. My first question was about not getting married right away and actually having an engagement. He was all for waiting, if that's what I wanted.

I won't bore you with the other questions. But I will tell you that we worked things out and finally had our first real conversation about getting married. Then he kissed me right there in the middle of the street. It was so very sweet...and romantic. I never felt so in love. (Of course, it was a dream and EVERYTHING is more intense in a dream.)

Okay, I can't really explain how ANY of that relates to what's going on in my world. But top that off with the fact that Brian (in real life) is an openly gay man.


What the heck is THAT supposed to mean?!

No comments: