Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Word from My Father

I have really been struggling at work lately. So much to do. No, it's more like...SO MUCH to do. Every time I turn around, there's yet another thing added to my list of things to do. I feel so far behind. And everything is frustrating me. I have no patience. I honestly wish I could work from 8pm to 8am for a month all by myself just so I could focus on my current To Do list without having to deal with all the interruptions (customers, co-workers, managers).

Most people who know me at all, know just by looking at me that I'm not happy at work right now. God forbid someone actually ASK me how I'm doing. It's not good. Not only am I overwhelmed and frustrated with everything, but I'm simply NOT dealing with it very well...to the point that I'm venting regularly. Really, it's not good.

In the last couple of weeks, my mantra has pretty much become 'something HAS to change'. Today, a dear friend of mine reminded me that this place is not forever. "This place" could mean my current work environment. Or it could mean my lifetime on this planet. Both would be true. I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

Then I got home from work and was checking my email and reading my friends' blogs like I do every evening. I noticed the daily bible verse on my blog. The perfect verse for me to hear today...

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again... I LOVE how God speaks to me!

No comments: