Monday, November 10, 2008

Top Ten Signs You Need a Long Weekend

10. You answer the phone, "What do you want?!"
9. You've started questioning that 'no alcohol during working hours' policy.
8. EVERY - LITTLE - THING seems to get on your nerves. (co-workers who can't park, temperature controls in the office, anyone who's laughing while you're trying to work, the copier that constantly jams)
7. You have a killer headache within an hour of arriving at the office. Be careful...this will quickly develop into getting a headache ON THE WAY INTO the office.
6. You start looking for other jobs while ON the job...and you no longer care who sees you.
5. Your trash can and your INBOX are one and the same.
4. Visions of the upcoming weekend help you get through Monday.
3. You used to hate meetings, but now you use the 'down' time to write your memoirs.
2. You're starting to think that a week in jail would be a nice alternative to a week in the office.
1. You've had to resort to doubling your anti-depressant with your morning
oatmeal in order to make it through another day without a work-related 'incident'.

BONUS: You openly vent about work on your publicly available blog.

I refuse to admit which of the above apply to me. But suffice it to say...PLENTY!

This is the fourth day in a row that I've been off work. And I'm off again tomorrow. WooHoo!! Five days in a row...no work. I love it!


Everyone needs an extended weekend every once in awhile. But I am hating (okay, not loving) my job right now. So, unfortunately I seem to need an extended weekend every month.

I hate it when I'm not enjoying my work. I just don't like what I'm doing. Actually, I don't really like my role right now. I don't like all the change and uncertainty around the office. I don't like feeling like I have half a dozen bosses. I don't like feeling behind all the time.

I've been unemployed in the past...for nine months in a row. I don't want that again. And I DO appreciate that I'm employed. I'm just NOT happy right now. I need to find a way to find peace in the office.

What I DO like.

1. Being employed.
2. The company I work for.
3. Making the money I do for being in such a small town.
4. Having a beautiful 20-minute commute to work, moving at 55mph.
5. Getting every other Friday off work.
6. Some of my co-workers.
7. The knowledge that I've gained.
8. Some of my customers.
9. Doing customer service.
10. The fact that I can post prayers in my cubicle and pray them when I need them...which happens to be fairly regularly.

I just need to focus on the things I do like. I need to keep doing work that I can be proud of at the end of the day. And then I need to let God handle the rest.

2 comments:

meili_lo said...

yep...i too am on a long weekend, hihi. been nauseous because of my pregnancy so i took a few days off work and it feels good! hihi

anyway, i saw your comment in One Minute Writer so I thought you might be interested in sharing your answer to my survey questions in my blog. would really appreciate it if you visit and post a comment:

http://shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

thanks!

Christy said...

Well 4 of them applied to me as well!! ARGH!!