Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday Girl!

As of 11/3/2008...
I am 38 years old.
I am 456 months old.
I am 1,983 weeks old.
I am 13,880 days old.
I am 333,142 hours old.
I am 19,988,564 minutes old.
I am 1,199,313,895 seconds old.
My age is the equivalent of a dog that is 5.43248532289628 years old. (Didn't you always want to know your real age in Dog Years?)

My plan for the day was to get to the office early, work a few hours, and then spend the entire afternoon lounging on the lawn with the cat and a good book ("Lean Mean Thirteen" by Janet Evanovich). But that didn't happen. Ultimately, I worked nine hours. And they were somewhat frustrating hours.

I am having SERIOUS issues with my PC at work. First of all, it rebooted itself twice with no warning at all. Apparently due to some kind of security push. But still, it takes so darn long for the thing to boot up again, it wasted a lot of time. THEN I think I have a memory leak. I can only work for about two hours before I see significant degradation in performance. Obvious things too, like all of the icons on my desktop disappearing and multiple errors. So, I again reboot, which clears things up for awhile. But only for awhile.

I had lots to do today. That's always the case after being on travel. Not only the action items I 'earned' from our meetings last week, but also all the things that had to wait because I was away from my desk. Not to mention, it's the beginning of the month, so I have lots of reports and such to accomplish. Anyway, busy-busy. So, my day went quickly.

I had dinner with my friend Shannon who shares a birthday with me. We were born at the same hospital. AND our mothers shared the same hospital room! How crazy is that?!

The evening ended with bible study. We're studying the gifts of the spirit. Tonight was JOY. I LOVE that word. One of my favorites.

Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

Christy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Luv Ya!!