Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hi, Mom! Welcome home!

I worked ten hours today. Kind of a frustrating day. I didn't get home until after 7pm. I was still sitting in my car with my cat on my lap where he immediately landed when I opened my car door because he couldn't wait to welcome me home. As we were cuddling, Jeff walks out. I gave him one piece of mail with his name on it. He figured it was his paycheck. I simply asked him if he wanted me to pay his phone bill now that he had some money coming in. He said, and I quote, "You're already getting on my nerves. Just leave."

At first, I thought he was talking to the cat who was now begging for his dinner. But no, he was talking to me.

I wonder if there's a teenager translation dictionary out there where that means, "Hi, Mom! Welcome home!"

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. Today? Bear 1, Mom 0.

No comments: