Monday, October 29, 2012

Fitness Challenge Week 2


WEEKLY POINTS
First of all, there are weekly points we can earn. This is a first for me, so I'm not sure of the exact purpose of the points. But they accumulate week to week and apparently we should accumulate as many as possible. This is how we accumulate points and these will remain constant from week to week.
  1. Post a positive comment about yourself once a week. (2 pts/wk)  CHECK 2/2
  2. Stay below 2,500 mg of sodium each day. (1 pt/day...5 pts/wk)  CHECK 4/5
  3. Drink 64 oz each day. BONUS POINT for an additional 8 oz each day. (2 pts/day...10 pts/wk)  CHECK 8/10
  4. Every 30 consecutive minutes of working out scores a point, up to 60 minutes. (2 pts/day...10 pts/wk)  CHECK 9/10
  5. Complete the weekly Challenge. (3 pts/wk)  CHECK 3/3
  6. Every 25 full sit-ups scores a point, up to 75 sit-ups. (3 pts/day...15 pts/wk)  CHECK 13/15
  7. Finishing the week with the highest percentage of weight-loss earns 3 pts AND gets everyone else on your team 1 pt.  CHECK 1/3
  8. Being the team with the highest percentage of weight-loss earns another 2 pts.  CHECK 2/2
TOTAL:  42/50

WEEK 1 RESULTS
  1. Workout for at least 30 minutes, at least 4 days of the week. No individual calorie goal this week. But the Wolverines need to burn a total of 15,000 calories. We have 10 people on our team, so that's 1,500 calories each in five days...or about 300 per day. These workouts will also count for #4 in the Weekly Points above.  CHECK 5/5 for 2152 cals
  2. Complete 300 reps of anything that can be counted in reps, but they must be in sets of 25. This could be leg lifts, bicep curls, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc. Anything that can be counted. And this week, I get to choose which one I do! Individual goal is 300; the Wolverines must do 5,000 reps. With a team of 10, that's an average of 500 reps. Sit-ups completed here will NOT count towards #6 in the Weekly Points above.  CHECK 725 reps
  3. Choose a Hard Rep (HR) and determine the number you can do currently...and do it. I chose push-ups. My arms are weak; my shoulders are weaker. As horrible as it sounds, I can only do 3 from my knees before collapsing to the floor. So I must complete 3 push-ups from my knees at least 4 days this week.  CHECK 5/5
  4. Give up something food-wise that I know is bad for me. This one was easy for me to choose. I'm giving up McDonald's sweet tea. I grab one of these on the way to work almost every day. That's 280 calories each. I'll save over 1,000 calories a week by dropping this bad habit!  CHECK 5/5
I lost 4.2 lbs this week!  Water weight, I'm sure.  But still good!

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE
I'm supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible for the next two weeks.  And I'm seeing a podiatrist on Wednesday for my heel spurs.  That could be a challenge...for this Challenge.  Here's how Week 2 looks.
  1. Workout for at least 4 days of the week, with each workout being one of the following: 30/60/90/120 minutes long.  The 120 minute workout can be split up into two workouts, but must be done within the same 24 hour day.  Individual calorie goal this week is 1300.  Team calorie goal is 17,600 calories. We have 11 people on our team now, so that's 1,600 calories each in five days.  These workouts will also count for #4 in the Weekly Points above.
  2. Complete at least 400 reps with at least 100 each of Upper Body (UB), Lower Body (LB), Core, and Cardio...and they must be in sets of 25.   Team goal is 7,700 reps. With a team of 11, that's an average of 700 reps. Sit-ups completed here will NOT count towards #6 in the Weekly Points above.
  3. Do 2 sets of my Hard Rep (HR) at least 3 days this week.  They can be split up into two shifts.  That means doing 3 push-ups from my knees TWICE in one day.  I hate push-ups.  I'm such a wimp!
  4. No impulse eating of candy or baked goods.  AND stay under your sugar allocation at least 4 days this week.  Bonus of 2 points for staying under all 5 days.

Feel free to join me! You don't have to report your results anywhere. You don't have to officially join anything. Just print out this page and check things off as you complete them. We can get in shape together!

No comments: