Saturday, February 9, 2013

Seven Word Status




Mailing
Relay for Life
donation request letters.



___________________________________________________________________
Friends and Family,
Happy Valentines’ Day!
            I don’t have a sweetheart to share my Valentines’ Day with, so I am taking advantage of this day to talk to you about something else that touches my heart.  I have been active in Martin County’s Relay for Life since 2003.  However last year, when my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer (and beat it!), I had a whole new reason for wanting to put an end to cancer in my lifetime.  Last year, with your help, I raised more than $1,500 for our team…The Doyle Dream Team!  This year, in addition to helping run the event and being our team’s captain, I want to continue to do my part again by raising more than $1,000 for cancer research and education.  Cancer is a horrible disease that can attack anyone anywhere.  And we just never know who the next victim is going to be.
            I believe that most donations are never realized simply because the question is never asked.  So, I am asking.  I am asking you to support me, The Doyle Dream Team, Martin County’s Relay for Life, and the American Cancer Society by making a donation.  It’s going to take more than one person to knock out cancer.  It takes a team.  And I need your help.
            I am sending out more than 100 of these letters.  If everyone that receives it donates only $10, I will have raised well over $1,000 for Relay for Life.  If we all work together, we can help to stop cancer before it stops another person that we love.
            If you would like to help, use the return envelope and send a check made out to American Cancer Society by March 31st.  Or make a donation online at www.relayforlife.org/martincountyin.  Just look for our team!  I want to thank you in advance for all your support, whether in time, money, or prayer.  I believe that together we can make a difference.  God bless you and yours!

From my heart to yours,
Leslie Doyle

No comments: