Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nagging Need to Write

All day today, I've had this nagging need to write something.  The only problem was, I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be writing.

I regularly write a journal entry.  Pen or pencil and paper.  Not every day, but most.  So, I started there.  But I got busy and never even finished it!  Needless to say, it didn't scratch that itch.

I ran through several of the stories that I've started over the years, thinking maybe I needed to kick out a chapter or two.  Or maybe I needed to 'fix' a character or elaborate on a setting.  Something!  But none of my current works-in-progress was speaking to me.

I considered that perhaps I needed to start something new.  But NOTHING interesting was coming to me.  Not to mention, I couldn't even decide fiction, non-fiction, rant, interest article, etc.

So ultimately, I'm creating a blog entry...about needing to write.  Essentially this blog entry is about nothing.  And I still feel the need, the out-right desire to practice my craft.  I'm getting that burning in my core to WRITE!  I think I'll resume my Exercises in Writing until it comes to me.

No comments: