Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Migraine


I had a migraine yesterday.  It's the first one I've had in a long time...thankfully!  I woke up yesterday morning feeling battered, tired, and fighting the average headache.  I thought I just didn't sleep well, so I went back to bed.

A couple of hours later, I woke up feeling much the same way.  I was trying to decide if I was coming down with something.  Before coming to any definite solution, I took a nap.

A couple of hours later, I woke up feeling at least as bad as I had all day.  And my headache was getting worse.  It wasn't until late afternoon that I started feeling nauseous.  Then I was convinced that it was a migraine.  I didn't find any relief until I finally started throwing up at 2am.

I normally have the typical migraine symptoms... blind spots, inability to find my words, and then my headache starts, leading to full-on nausea and the worst headache I've ever had.  That didn't happen yesterday.

Normally if I treat my migraines before the head pain starts, I can knock it out before it ever really begins.  Because I didn't have my typical symptoms, I didn't realize I was fighting a migraine.  So I didn't treat it like a migraine until it was much too late to make any real impact.

Lucky for me, I let the symptoms ride out and I was finally sleeping by 3am.  I felt quite hung over this morning and prayed for a power outage so that I wouldn't have to teach my classes today.  But again, I got lucky and felt better and better as the day wore on.

I consider my migraine gone, but I am truly looking forward to getting a good night's sleep tonight.  My head is a little fuzzy and my eyes are really dry and tired.  But I fully expect to be much closer to 100% tomorrow.

No comments: