Thursday, December 18, 2014

Psalm 141


1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh, I am calling, hurry to me, listen to my voice when I call to you.
2 May my prayer be like incense in your presence, my uplifted hands like the evening sacrifice.
3 Yahweh, mount a guard over my mouth, a guard at the door of my lips.
4 Check any impulse to speak evil, to share the foul deeds of evil-doers. I shall not sample their delights!
5 May the upright correct me with a friend's rebuke; but the wicked shall never anoint my head with oil, for that would make me party to their crimes.
6 They are delivered into the power of the rock, their judge, those who took pleasure in hearing me say,
7 'Like a shattered millstone on the ground our bones are scattered at the mouth of Sheol.'
8 To you, Yahweh, I turn my eyes, in you I take refuge, do not leave me unprotected.
9 Save me from the traps that are set for me, the snares of evil-doers.
10 Let the wicked fall each into his own net, while I pass on my way.

No comments: