Friday, December 19, 2014

Psalm 142


1 [Psalm Of David When he was in the cave Prayer] To Yahweh I cry out with my plea. To Yahweh I cry out with entreaty.
2 I pour out my worry in his presence, in his presence I unfold my troubles.
3 However faint my spirit; you are watching over my path. On the road I have to travel they have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look on my right and see -- there is no one who recognizes me. All refuge is denied me, no one cares whether I live or die.
5 I cry out to you, Yahweh, I affirm, 'You are my refuge, my share in the land of the living!'
6 Listen to my calling, for I am miserably weak. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.
7 Lead me out of prison that I may praise your name. The upright gather round me because of your generosity to me.

No comments: