Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Three Whole Months

I've been depression free for three whole months.

THREE WHOLE MONTHS!

I can't remember the last time I went this long without a depressive episode.  I was tempted to say that I've almost forgotten what a depressive day feels like.  But I haven't forgotten.  I doubt that I'll ever forget.  I totally remember.  I have an excellent memory.  But even remembering doesn't bring on the depression.

I scoured the internet for the perfect beautiful sunshiny blue sky picture to represent my current state of positive mental health.  I decided to go with the beach this time.  Just sounds so nice, doesn't it?

Things have been crazy busy at work.  I'm the data call queen.  I manage one database and have access to a few more.  When someone, anyone really, wants answers to questions, they call on me.  I call on the data.  Well, there have been A LOT of questions lately.

And I provide answers.  And then there are inevitably more questions.  It never ends really.  So I've been busy.

But next week, I'm taking a vacation.  Mostly I'm going to sleep in and walk and read.  But I'm also planning to be out of town for a couple of days.  Nothing amazing.  Just time off.  I think I've earned it.  And I'm gonna enjoy it.

Lord, I'm looking forward to yet another month of depression-free bliss.  Thank You in advance for the gift!

No comments: