Thursday, August 11, 2016

I love the Olympics!

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted a blog entry.  Especially with the Olympics going on.  I could have found a picture and done a seven-word status every day.  But I didn't.  Obviously I didn't.


I love the Olympics.  I'm not sure when that started.  I don't necessarily remember watching the Olympics as I was growing up.  Maybe I did, but not to the level that I do now.  I watch them every day that they're on now.  I can't help myself.


I hate it that they are on when I'm at work.  There are Americans winning medals and I don't even get to see it happen!


And then they're on until midnight.  And I just can't seem to stay up that late.  I did the first couple of nights, but not since then.  So again, there are Americans winning medals and I'm totally missing out!


I have a few favorite sports (gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, soccer, and basketball).  And there are a few sports I'd prefer not to watch (archery, shooting, anything on a horse).  And this year, there have been sports that I've learned more about (field hockey, rugby 7's, and water polo).


And we haven't even gotten to track and field week!  We're only on Day 6 and there are like 17 days of Olympic sports!  It's all just so exciting to me!


This picture is from this morning.  We could have more at this moment.  But I only see a graphic first thing in the morning.  So this is it for today.  Go, USA!







No comments: