Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Mostly-Good Weekend


I had a relatively busy weekend.  I started it all off Friday night by having dinner with one of my besties.  Even though we didn’t have the whole crowd there, I still wanted Mexican and Terri didn’t argue.  So I had my regular… #56, no beans.  It was lovely.  And the conversation was even better.

I sang at mass Saturday night, so I needed to practice for that.  And it went off without a hitch.  LIE!  I made a few errors.  But nothing they’ll fire me over.  After that, I went out to dinner with my mom, Aunt Joanie and Uncle Leo, and Uncle Ed.  We went to Montana Mike’s for steak.  But only three of us ordered a steak.  It was good but I could only eat half of it at that meal.

Sunday I volunteered to work at the St. Martin’s Hog Roast.  They do this every year, the weekend before Labor Day Weekend.  This year, they offered to let the Catholic War Veterans help.  That’s why I was there.  I’m a Catholic War Veteran member.  I spent the day mostly dipping baked beans and potato salad.  I made sure to look everyone in the eye and tell them to enjoy their lunch.  It was a good time.

Sunday night, I developed a headache.  It kind of felt like a migraine, but I wasn’t throwing up.  Anyway, it kept me from sleeping well Sunday night.  So I called in sick Monday morning and went back to bed.  I slept until after 10am.  It was so nice to be able to finally get some quality sleep.  By mid-afternoon, my headache was gone.  Praise the Lord!  I finished the day reading Janet Evanovich’s “Two for the Dough”.

All in all, it was a good weekend, even with the headache.

No comments: