Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. Then again, who doesn't? I went to midnight mass last night... which was actually at 10 PM. I guess that happens when you have one priest for four parishes. But it was beautiful. And it was a gorgeous night. Full moon. Clear skies. Not too cold. Just gorgeous. Perfect night to welcome Christmas.

Today, I spent time with family. Opened presents, watched a movie with my niece. Played with the cats. Had a wonderful meal prepared by my parents. Nice conversation. And then topped it all off by taking a nap.

Sure beats last week when I had no heat and no hot water. I thought I had a gas problem. I mean really, what are the chances that I was having problems with both my furnace AND my hot water heater on the same day? Well in this instance, 100%. But thankfully, my dad was able to repair the possible leak in the roof that caused the problem. My furnace was repairable... for a mere $269. And my hot water heater just needed a bit of tightening to stop the leak and a bit of drying out in order to relight the pilot light. Of course, it is a 1978 model, so I really need to replace it soon. Just not four days before Christmas. At any rate, it's all fixed now. My home is toasty as I type. Merry Christmas to me!

No comments: