Sunday, December 16, 2007

Touchdown

I had a dream last night that I played football. I was a wide-receiver. And I was pretty good. I was only playing because one of the starters was out. But I was doing pretty well. I don't remember the whole dream, but I do remember scoring a touchdown. I remember thinking that there was nothing that felt better than scoring a touchdown!

After the game, I was interviewed. I sounded like a stupid jock! And it wasn't because I was stupid. Please, I'm not stupid. But I was so excited that I couldn't form a coherent sentence. I was just giddy. Then they interviewed the coach and he was so eloquent. Of course, most of what he said was just fluff, expected words that all coaches come up with in the same circumstance. But I remember thinking that I needed to put some time into practicing what I would say next time I got the opportunity to be interviewed.

After that, I remember looking for articles about the game in the papers online so that I could see if my name was mentioned. Most of the time, it wasn't. But I found one that mentioned that I scored a touchdown. So, I emailed it to everyone that I knew. Then I started getting playing tips from my friends. I tried to commit them all to memory, thinking they could help my game AND they would be fodder for my next interview.

The only other thing I remember was that our next game was against Navy... which is strange, since I think I was playing for the NFL. Oh, well, who I was playing for and in what league is not important compared to the fact that I SCORED A TOUCHDOWN!!!

No comments: