Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Focus, focus, focus


Sometimes I have days when I feel utterly useless. I get to the end of the day and wonder what the point of it all was. I don’t feel like I’ve accomplished a darn thing. Today is one of those days.

I know I haven’t been sleeping well. And I’m sure that’s been taking a toll on my ability to focus on what I should be doing. Hopefully, that’s all it is today. But I find myself having the most difficult time settling into a task. I’m allowing everything to distract me. My list of things to do keeps growing and I’m not accomplishing any of them because I keep bouncing between tasks.

If I could do anything in the world that I wanted to do right this moment, it would be to sit in one of Julie’s very comfortable lounge chairs under a tree in my yard with a good book. I don’t know how long I’d be able to read before I fell asleep, but I don’t even care. I’d let the birds and the wind-chimes lull me to sleep. Maybe Linus would come and join me. My very own little snuggler.

But it’s only 2pm. I have another 3 ½ hours of work ahead of me, if I’m going to get my 9 hours in today. After that, I have choir practice. Then I need to make a couple of greeting cards for work.

Okay, I’m convinced that my problem today is that I’m simply tired. Moreover, I’m tired of being tired. If I thought that taking a 15 minute nap would help me, I’d go down and take one in my car right now. But I know that I need to sleep for a couple/few hours. And I don’t really have time for that right now. I can’t keep having days where I don’t get much accomplished because I can’t concentrate on what I’m doing. I have got to find a way to get a good night’s sleep.

No comments: