Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's a Boy!


I did NOT sleep well last night. Not sure why. I got up relatively early this morning and made the 90 minute drive to meet my ex in order to take charge of the boy. Besides being tired, it was a good drive, down there and back. I sang all the way down there, talked with Jeff all the way back. He's back... back to being a Hoosier again. I'M glad he's back. HE'S glad to be back. I think this is a very good thing and I'm truly looking forward to the next year.


Jeff is already out with friends. That didn't take long. I didn't expect that it would. I just hope and pray that he stays out of trouble. I think he has it in him to be a good kid. I also KNOW he has it in him to get into trouble. But I told him today over lunch exactly what I expect of him...a young man that acts like he's going to be a legal adult in exactly seven months from today. He told me I was expecting a lot. I agreed. After sharing that he was stressed about being an adult in such a short time, he grinned. He and I both know that he can pull it off. And I'll assured him that I'd do what I could to help him get there. It's all good. James 1:2-3

Speaking of boys...Linus Felinus bit me two days ago. I was holding him in my arms and his front paws were over my left shoulder. That's when this really big, black dog spooked him. He's a fight or flight kind of guy and wanted desperately to take flight. So, using his jaws as his opposable thumb, he bit me...on the side of my head! I have two puncture wounds about an inch over my left ear. I was amazed at how he could dig his teeth into my scalp. It really hurt at the time; now it just feels like a bruise...and two raised bumps with scabs. It only bothers me when I try to sleep on that side of my head or brush my hair.

When I told my parents this story, my dad asked me where I buried the cat. : ) I assure you, Linus is still with us.

No comments: