Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bronze Again


We did it again! I didn't think we would. With the economy and gas prices, not to mention our late start. But we did it. Our Relay for Life team raised more than $2,000, making us a Bronze fundraising team.
Personally, I raised nearly 50% of our teams total donations. Another 25% was given to us by Pamida because one of our team members is an employee. The rest of the team, all 10 of them, raised the other 25%.

At first, it upset me that the rest of the team wasn't taking an active role in fund-raising. If everyone else on the team only did the $100 they were expected to do, our team would have raised more than $3,000. But there's no point in wrestling with 'what if'.

I keep telling myself that if I was a better team captain, I could motivate them (us) to do more. Obviously leading by example isn't cutting it. But I also try to make it as easy as possible for them. I fill out the registration forms for them so that all they have to do is choose a t-shirt size and sign the form...but some of them don't return them to me and eventually lose them. I write their donation request letters that they too could have sent to friends and family. They just choose not to send them...most of them anyway.

I could put forth more time and energy, but I feel like I'd only be wasting MY time and energy. But you know what? I'm busy too. Ugh! This is exactly why I need to stop wrestling with 'what if'. We ARE a bronze fundraising team for the second year in a row.

No comments: