Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday, Monday

It's so quiet in the office this morning. The "office" being a room full of eight cubicles, surrounded by seven offices with actual doors. Sure I can hear the printer and one of our scanners. Several co-workers are typing and shuffling through papers. And I can hear one muffled conversation going on somewhere, though not loud enough to make out specific words. Everyone is busy and stepping into their Monday quietly. I love that!

It will change though. And probably soon. As we get caffeine into our bodies, we'll start talking more. And it won't be long before the phones start ringing. And I'm sure to have someone in my cubicle sooner or later that needs me to do or explain something...or who simply wants to talk for a bit.

But right now, as my PC reboots after an important update, I'm enjoying the slow, peaceful start to the week.

I have plans to have dinner with friends tonight. And I have plenty to keep me busy between now and then. Should be a lovely day!

No comments: