Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Therapeutic Writing

Okay, I know that this might be right out of left-field for those I haven't talked to in the past week. Others may not know about the last week or so, but may know enough history to not be surprised by this plan. But I think I have a solution to some recent goings-on in my world.
I'm going to write about it!

Have you seen the movie, "Something's Gotta Give"? Diane Keaton's character is heart-broken by Jack Nicholson's character. She writes a whole play/musical about their short, but eventful tryst. She's seen sobbing for days as she writes about it. But it's very healing. And ultimately, the show is a huge hit!

So, it crossed my mind to write about the whole situation between me and Jeff and Jeff's father (my ex-husband) and his current family.

I didn't get the idea during one of the many times I watched the movie. It came to me last night when I was trying to come up with some way to turn this situation into something more positive. It crossed my mind that I could take all this pent up emotion and my desire to write and spin a tale about the whole ordeal. A tale that would be somewhat factual and somewhat entertaining. Perhaps we too could write a play or a musical or a book that would make money, make people laugh, and make Mike and others like him think about their actions.

I could use the experience to cleanse me, heart and soul...as I'm still find reasons to beat myself for choosing so poorly a man to start a family with. The money could put Jeff through school. And hopefully the notoriety will embarrass the heck out of Mike. Okay, that last one wouldn't be the primary goal...but it would be a nice ancillary benefit.

I like it! I'll start writing chapter outlines right away.

I can't wait to share the idea with Jeff.

No comments: