Monday, November 1, 2010

Happiness is... SLEEPING IN!

I am on vacation!
I worked Thursday, the 28th. It wasn't a good day. For the third time in October, I had a bit of an emotional melt-down. It could have been caused by any number of things... my depression, the crazy-busy schedule we've had at work for the last couple of months, my lack of sleep, stress, etc. Most likely, it's a combination of a lot of things.

At any rate, Thursday was NOT a good day. So my supervisor told me to call in sick Friday and sleep in. Then he wanted me to have a long, relaxing weekend...and maybe even talk to my doctor. I did just that...slept in Friday (and Saturday and Sunday), made an appointment with my doctor, and had along, relaxing weekend.

My doctor suggested a few more days off. Two to three weeks, actually. He doubled my anti-depressant, gave me another one that will also help me sleep, and gave me an anti-anxiety med as well. Lastly, he strongly suggested I find someone to talk to...someone with a degree in mental/mood disorders. So, they are arranging an appointment at the Samaritan Center.

Hey, whatever it takes to get better...to BE better. I can't keep having days like I've had lately. Too much 'important' stuff to do...and I'm not just talking about work. Work seems to be the place that most brings out my worst qualities. But I have way too much to do in life to be held back by days like Thursday.

So, I'm following the doctor's orders and sleeping in.

No comments: