Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One of those days...

"Drive Through the Night" by David Padworny

Some days, it just doesn't seem worth it to get out of bed.

And I'm not just saying that because I thoroughly enjoy a good night's sleep.

And I actually went to work for three hours and got paid pretty well to be there.  So, I guess one could say that it was well worth it.  But I digress.

I woke up at 4am to a text message from someone I know well.  Fast forward to his last text message just before 8am.  Between those two times, our conversation went downhill fast.  I went from being frustrated and annoyed just minutes after opening my eyes for the day to broken down, exhausted, and in tears.  [sigh]

At the same time, I was in the office.  But I felt like I was in an elevator with a few dozen people.  Everyone talking at the same time, trying to be heard over the din of every other voice.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to just yell, "SHUT UP!"  At on point I left the office area where my cubicle sits, walked a good 50 paces to the bathroom, and could STILL hear two voices from the office area that I left!

I know these people were mostly working.  But they were making it difficult for the rest of us to hear ourselves think.  I kept turning up my headphones to drown them out...until the volume gave me a headache.

Finally, I decided I'd had my fill.  after being at work only three hours, I packed up some things to work on at home... and home is where I went, where I am, where I'm staying.

I'm not going back there until Tuesday.

And I'm not getting into anymore text conversations like the one this morning either.

No comments: