Sunday, May 20, 2012

MFP Elimination Challenge - Week #6

I survived another week of our challenge.  Unfortunately, we lost two Wolverines.  One simply didn't appear to work the challenge at all.  The other just didn't get everything logged in on time.  It was a pretty good week for me.  This next week is going to be a bear, I'm pretty sure!
In summary:
I was supposed to burn 800 calories. I burned 2,445.  We also hit our team goal of 27,000.
I was supposed to do 600 reps...any combination of upper body (UB), lower body (LB), core, or cardio.  I did 2,100.  We also hit our team goal of 13,500.
I was supposed to do 120 squats. I did exactly 120.
I was supposed to do 15 15-second planks. I did exactly 15.
And I was supposed to get 20 Extra Movement (EM) points. I did 39.

In the end, I lost another 1 lb!!! When Week #5 started, I weighed 220.2. When Week #5 ended, I weighed 219.2.

Week #6 Challenge:
  1. WORKOUT - We have no individual calorie burn goals for the week...just a team goal of 18,200.  Divided evenly between the 13 remaining Wolverines, I need to burn at least 1,400 calories.  Also, I have to workout 4 of the 5 days this week and my workouts have to be at least 2 30-mins, a 60-min, and a 120-min in length.  AND one of the 30-min workouts needs to be my 'new' workout (TurboJam).  If I don't help our team reach our team goal or if I slack on the lengths of my workouts, I will be eliminated.
  2. REPS - I have to do 200 each of upper body (UB), lower body (LB), core, and cardio reps during the week, for a total of 800 reps.  If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated.  No Team Goal for this one this week. 
  3. HARD REP - I have to do my HR four days this week, and I have to extend the hold time to 15 seconds and add another rep over what I did last week. My original HR was 3 10-second planks...last week, I did 5 15-second planks...this week, I'll be doing 6 15-second planks on four different days.  If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one. 
  4. FAVORITE REP - I have to do my FR four days this week, but I have to do 1 1/2 of my original number. My original FR was 20 squats, so I'll be doing a total of 30 of them on four different days. If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
  5. EXTRA MOVEMENT - We have no individual EM goals for the week...just a team goal of 350.  Divided evenly between the 13 of us, I need to earn at least 27 points this week.
  6. FOOD - For all five days this week, I have to stay under 2,500mg of sodium.  AND I have to stay under my carb allotment set my myfitnesspal.com.
  7. WEEKEND CHALLENGE - Again, we've been given a Weekend Challenge. The challenge is to stay under my calorie allotment at least one day of the weekend, to continue to stay within my sodium and carb allotments both days of the weekend, to burn 500 calories between the two days, and to get some form of workout each day of the weekend.
So, I'm starting out this week at 219.2 lbs. This is my workout plan for the week...
Monday - Kettlebell (25), lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboJam (30), 400 reps, 6 HR, 30 FR, 7 EM
Tuesday - Kettlebell (25), lunch walk/run (2.5m), Rockin' Body (120), 400 reps, 6 HR, 30 FR, 7 EM
Wednesday - Kettlebell (25), lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboJam (30), 400 reps, 6 HR, 30 FR, 7 EM
Thursday - Kettlebell (25), lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboJam (60), 400 reps, 6 HR, 30 FR, 7 EM
Friday - Kettlebell (25), lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboJam (30), 400 reps, 6 HR, 30 FR, 7 EM
Saturday - WEIGH-IN, TurboJam (45), walk/run (2.5m), 400 reps
Sunday - mow the lawn (120), 400 reps

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

David Haas said...

Hi,
I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
David