Friday, May 4, 2012

May 1st Update

Okay, I intended to write this on the first, but didn't do it.  So you're getting my monthly update today.

I weighed and measured myself on Tuesday because I want to do that every month on the 1st.  My weight came in at 221.6.  So, I lost 6.8 lbs in April.  And that was after losing 6.6 in March.  So I'm pretty close to averaging 1.5 per week...which was my goal!

I've also lost 3" since I started this journey on March 5th.  I'd like to keep up this pace through the summer.  That means I could be down another 27 lbs and 6" by early September.  That would be lovely!  I know things will slow down as I drop my weight.  But I think this is still a good rate of loss for my size.

The fact is, even though I have a long way to go, I can feel the differences in my body and my fitness.  I can run much farther than I could before.  I can endure a workout much easier than before.  I'm eating better too, which is always a good thing.  And so far, I'm still enjoying the process.  So, here's hoping the next few months are as successful and enjoyable as the first two!

No comments: