Sunday, May 13, 2012

MFP Elimination Challenge - Week #5

Last week was all about pushing myself.  And you know what?  I'm tired of pushing!  Ugh!  Last week was exhausting.  I've never done so many core and cardio reps in my life...and I survived Basic Training!  This week appears to be much more reasonable.

In summary:
I was supposed to burn 1,500 calories. I burned 3,198.
I was supposed to complete 5 miles.  I did 18.18.  My goal was 25, so I slacked a little there.
I was supposed to do 200 upper body (UB) and 200 lower body (LB) reps.  I did exactly that.
As a team, we were supposed to get more core and cardio reps than our opponents, the Tigers.  My contribution to that goal was 7,050!  That's a 783% increase over last week...and my core is feeling it!
I was supposed to do 60 squats. I did  100.
I was supposed to do 9 10-second planks. I did 15.
As a team, we were supposed to get more Extra Movement (EM) points than the Tigers.  My contribution to that was 63.

In the end, I lost another 1.2 lbs!!! When Week #4 started, I weighed 221.4. When Week #4 ended, I weighed 220.2. AND the Wolverines were one of two safe teams for the week! ...the other was the Tigers.  BUT we blew them away in the head-to-head challenge.  It was a great week to be a Wolverine!

Week #5 Challenge:
  1. WORKOUT - I have to burn 800 calories between Monday and Friday this week.  If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - Burn 27,000 calories.  OH!  And we have to find a new workout to do for at least 20 minutes...or one that we tried once before, but gave up because it was too hard for us at the time.  I just received TurboJam and TurboFire HIITs in the mail.  So, this is definitely my new workout for the week.
  2. REPS - I have to do 600 reps this week.  And they can be any combination of upper body (UB), lower body (LB), core, or cardio reps during the week, but they have to be in increments of 25. If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - 13,500 reps.
  3. HARD REP - I have to do my HR only three days this week, but I have to add 2 planks and extend the hold time to 15 seconds.. My HR is 3 10-second planks, so I'll be doing a total of 15 15-second planks in three days.  If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
  4. FAVORITE REP - I have to do my FR only three days this week, but I have to double them. My FR is 20 squats, so I'll be doing a total of 120 of them. If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
  5. EXTRA MOVEMENT - I have to earn 4 EM points each day of the week.  That means parking far away from the building I'm entering, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, walking to places instead of driving, etc.  This should be no problem.
  6. FOOD - For all five days this week, I have to stay under 2,500mg of sodium.
  7. WEEKEND CHALLENGE - because we all tend to slack over the weekend after working so hard during the week, we've been given a Weekend Challenge.  The challenge is to stay within 200 calories of our daily allotment both days, to burn 500 calories between the two days, to workout at least 20 minutes both days, and to stay under 2,500mg of sodium both days.  Sunday is normally my rest day, but I'll get at least 20 minutes of exercise in.
So, I'm starting out this week at 220.2 lbs. This is my workout plan for the week...

Monday - lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 20, Kettlebell (25), 400 reps, 5 HR, 40 FR, 7 EM
Tuesday - lunch walk (2.5m), TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 20, 400 reps, 7 EM
Wednesday - TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 20, Kettlebell (25), 400 reps, 5 HR, 40 FR, 7 EM
Thursday -  lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 25, Kettlebell (25), 400 reps, 5 HR, 40 FR, 7 EM
Friday - lunch walk/run (2.5m), TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 25, Kettlebell (25), 400 reps, 5 HR, 40 FR, 7 EM
Saturday - WEIGH-IN, TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 20, walk/run (2.5m), 400 reps
Sunday - TurboFire Low-Intensity HIIT 25, 400 reps

Wish me luck!  I eased up my workouts a little on Tuesday and Wednesday because I have to adjust my diet for those two days.  I'm hoping that the adjustment helps me lose a few pounds this week.  Wish me luck!

No comments: