Sunday, April 29, 2012

MFP Elimination Challenge - Week #3

I worked my butt off in Week #2.  Okay, actually I worked the heck out of my abs.  It was totally a stretch for me, but I enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, the scale didn't reflect nicely.  Again, I scheduled my workouts for each day and stuck with them.  And I ate well.

In summary:
I was supposed to burn 1,000 calories. I burned 3,067.  TEAM GOAL: burn 23,000 calories, which we nearly doubled.
I was supposed to do 300 core reps. I did 1,200.  TEAM GOAL:  8,000 reps, which we nearly doubled.
I was supposed to do 150 squats. I did 220.
I was supposed to do 15 10-second planks.  I did 21.
And I was supposed to get 6 Extra Movement points.  I got 22.

In the end, I gained 1.2 lbs!!! Can you believe that?! I worked so hard and GAINED!  But I've been told by teammates that when you start working new muscles, you tend to hang on to water weight as a way to heal those muscles.  Since I hadn't worked my ab muscles that hard since probably basic training, I was hanging on to a lot of water weight.  The fix for that, keep doing the workouts for ALL muscle groups and drink more water!

So, when Week #2 started, I weighed 222.4.  When Week #2 ended, I weighed 223.6.  Lucky for me, based on my efforts and going above and beyond the requirements, I was not eliminated.  Yea, me!

The Wolverines lost two people.  Both did what was required of them, but they didn't do much more than that.  I personally feel bad because they both still had a weight loss, whereas I had a gain.  In fact, I was the only person on our team that had a gain.  I thought for sure I was a goner.  Anyway, I thought we'd done everything to be the safe team this week, but apparently I missed something.  There were actually three teams that were safe, though the honor only went to the team with the highest percentage of weight loss, the Tigers.  Oh well, we'll try again this week.

Week #3 Challenge:

  1. WORKOUT - I have to burn 1,200 calories between Monday and Friday this week. My workouts have to include a 120 minute, a 90 minute, a 60 minute, and a 30 minute workout.  If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - Burn 22,000 calories.
  2. REPS - I have to do 200 core reps (crunches, etc.)  PLUS 200 cardio reps (like jumping jacks) during the week. I can mix and match what I'm doing reps of, but they have to be in increments of 25. If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - 9000 reps.
  3. HARD REP - I have to do my HR every day this week AND do them TWICE two days this week. My HR is 3 10-second planks, so I'll be doing a total of 21 of them.  If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
  4. FAVORITE REP - I have to do my FR every day this week AND do them TWICE two days this week.  My FR is 20 squats, so I'll be doing a total of 140 of them.  If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
  5. EXTRA MOVEMENT - I have to earn 8 points in EM this week.  If I don't, I will be eliminated.  Team Goal - 160 points.
So, I'm starting out this week at 223.6 lbs.  This is my workout plan for the week...

Monday - lunch walk/run (30 mins), track walk/run (30 mins), 200 core reps, 200 cardio reps, 6 HR, 40 FR, 4 EM
Tuesday - lunch walk/run (30 mins), Rockin' Body - 4 workouts (120 mins), 200 core reps, 200 cardio reps, 6 HR, 40 FR, 4 EM
Wednesday - lunch walk/run (30 mins), Zumba (60 mins), 200 core reps, 200 cardio reps, 6 HR, 40 FR, 4 EM
Thursday - lunch walk/run (30 mins), PiYo (60 mins) and walking (30 mins) ((total of 90 mins)), 200 core reps, 200 cardio reps, 6 HR, 40 FR, 4 EM
Friday - lunch walk/run (30 mins), Rockin' Body - 3 workouts (90 mins), 200 core reps, 200 cardio reps, 6 HR, 40 FR, 4 EM
Saturday - WEIGH-IN

I know this schedule is aggressive and blows away the requirements.  But if effort is what kept me in the game this past week, I need to put forth at least as much effort this week.  Wish me luck!


No comments: