Sunday, April 1, 2012

Prayer After Holy Communion



Dear Lord,

help me to remove from my mind
every thought or opinion which You would not sanction,
every feeling from my heart which You would not approve.

Grant that I may spend the hours of the day
gladly working with You according to Your will.
Help me, just for today and be with me in it.

In the long hours of work,
that I may not grow weary or slack in serving You.

In conversations,
that they may not be to me occasions of uncharitableness.

In the day's worries and disappointments,
that I may be patient with myself and with those around me.

In moments of fatigue and illness,
that I may be mindful of others rather than of myself.

In temptations,
that I may be generous and loyal,
so that when the day is over I may lay it at Your feet,
with its successes which are all Yours,
and its failures which are all my own,
and feel that life is real and peaceful,
and blessed when spent with You as the Guest of my soul.

Amen.

No comments: