I was supposed to burn 1,100 calories. I burned 2,010.
I was supposed to do 400 reps. I did 700.
And I was supposed to do 120 squats. I did 150.
In the end, I lost 4.8 lbs!!! Can you believe that?! 4.8 lbs in one week!
I know I said I weighed 225 lbs last week when I was typing up Week #1. But I actually weighed 227.2 for our Friday weigh-in. I didn't weigh 225.4 until Saturday. Anyway, this Friday, I weighed in at 222.4!
So this week, we've been assigned to a team. There are 8 teams total. We happen to have 17 people on our team. And we called ourselves the Wolverines, strong and feisty, willing to do just about anything to get what we want! So now that we're on a team, we have an individual goal AND a team goal. The team that does the best at the end of the week will be safe and no one on that team will be eliminated...if they all completed the challenge, all team goals are met, and all information was posted on time. So, we're all doing a little extra to try to be the safe team of the week.
Week #2 Challenge:
- WORKOUT - I have to burn 1000 calories between Monday and Friday this week. And I have to do it with at least three workouts that last at least 25 minutes. If I do more, I should post exactly what I did. If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - Burn 23,000 calories. That means that if everyone does their 1000, we need to burn an additional 6000 calories between us.
- REPS - I have to do 300 reps of core exercises during the week. I can mix and match what I'm doing reps of, but they have to be in increments of 25. If I don't complete this, I will be eliminated. Team Goal - 8000 reps. So we have to fit in an additional 2900 reps between us.
- HARD REP - This week, I have to actually do my Hard Rep (HR). So, I'll be doing 3 10-second planks all five days. If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
- FAVORITE REP - This week, I have to add five more reps to my Favorite Rep (FR). So, I'll be doing 35 squats all five days. If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.
- EXTRA MOVEMENT - This is new this week. 'Extra Movement' (EM) is anytime we choose to walk further or work harder during the course of our normal day. For instance, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking at the end of the parking lot. For each time we choose Extra Movement, we get a point. The goal is to incorporate a lifestyle change that keeps us moving...even when we're not working out. I have to get to 6 points of EM. That shouldn't be a problem between parking for home or work. If I don't, I will be eliminated. No Team Goal for this one.