From the website: Engineer your perfect body with LES MILLS PUMP. This barbell-based rapid weight loss and accelerated strength-training program incinerates calories to help give you the ultimate tight, toned, and lean body you want. The secret is THE REP EFFECT™, which requires that you use lighter weights at a higher rate of repetition so you can burn up to 1,000 calories per workout and get leaner faster.
The system includes your very own barbell—the secret weapon designed to speed up your strength training and fat loss. Your kit comes complete with a set of 2 5-lb. and 2 10-lb. weighted plates. ***I also purchased a set of 2.5-lb weights, thinking I might not be able to jump from 5 to 10 lbs. when it comes time to increase my weights.***
The program comes with the following workouts:
- PUMP CHALLENGE. Start firing your muscles with fundamental resistance exercises that will give you visible results in no time. (20 minutes)
- PUMP AND BURN. Feel the burn with compound moves that work several muscles at once to scorch fat and calories. The bigger the burn, the bigger the results. (30 minutes)
- PUMP AND SHRED. Start shredding while you build endurance and churn through fat stores with each repetition. THE REP EFFECT™ is in full effect here. (45 minutes)
- PUMP REVOLUTION. Drive your heart rate up with quick tempos and big moves like power presses and power lunges. This is calorie burning and lean muscle building at its best. (55 minutes)
- PUMP EXTREME. Weights won't be the only thing lifted here as you focus on intensity and targeted muscle training in this extreme workout. (55 minutes)
- FLOW. Increase flexibility, decrease soreness, and improve your alignment as you stretch and lengthen your entire body. (20 minutes)
- HARD-CORE ABS. Carve out your core and define your back with moves that hit your muscles from every direction. It's 360-degree training for your entire midsection. (20 minutes)
The 90-day program gradually increases in intensity, which is good for me since I'm new at lifting anything but my 5-lb hand weights. The first week, the only workouts above that I'm scheduled to do are Pump Challenge, Flow, and Hard Core Abs. Other than that, I include walking and running to meet my cardio workout goals. Next week, I'll add Pump & Burn. It's not until week 5 that I add Pump & Shred. So up to this point, I won't be lifting for more than 30 minutes 3-4 times each week.
Then in week 7, I will add Pump Revolution, which is 55 minutes long. Seems like a long time right now. But hopefully by week 7, I'll be up to that kind of a workout. The very next week, I will add Pump Extreme. The last five weeks of the program, I will only be doing Pump Revolution or Pump Extreme 3 times each week, along with Flow and Hard Core Abs. I'll also be doing my walking/running.
If I stay on schedule, and I definitely plan to stay on schedule, I'll finish the 90-day program on November 2nd...the day before my 42nd birthday. Happy birthday to me!
I still have a lot of weight to lose and hope to continue to lose weight with this program. One thing I have to keep in mind though is that muscle weighs more than fat. So, I could drop inches without dropping as much weight as I want. But ultimately, that's okay. Because muscle will also burn more calories, even when I'm not working out.
Bottom line, I think this is the perfect time to add consistent weight-training to my workout regimen. I want to be stronger. I want to be more toned. And I want to do what it takes to increase my weight-loss. So, wish me luck! And check me out in 30, 60, 90 days!
Here's my before shot:
Just for accountability, my stats in this picture are:
- weight: 208.4 lbs (though I weight 210.6 lbs today...must drink my water!)
- neck: 15"
- chest: 46"
- biceps: 13"
- forearms: 10.25"
- waist: 42.5"
- hips: 48"
- thighs: 28"
- calves: 16"
I will probably only post my measurements monthly, though I might post my weight changes more often.