Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sept 1st Update

Okay, I feel like I've been working hard, but the scales are definitely not showing it.  And I'll tell you why...because my diet has been crap!

I've been slacking on my water intake.
I've been eating fast-food.
I haven't been cooking as much as I should.
I've allowed too many processed foods back into my menus.
...I could go on and on.

Time to recommit!

My current weight and measurements:
WEIGHT:  210.6 lbs (same as last month, still more than post-Reset...which is NOT good!)
NECK:  15" (same as last month)
BICEP:  12.5" (loss of 0.5")
FOREARM:  10.25" (same as last month)
CHEST:  46" (same as last month)
WAIST:  43" (gain of 0.5")
HIPS:  47.5 (loss of 0.5")
THIGH:  28" (same as last month)
CALF:  16" (same as last month)

Now I give myself a bit of a break because I've been doing a weight-lifting program.  So hopefully I've been building muscle.  And of course, muscle weighs more than fat.  Not to mention, I've increased my calorie intake due to the weight-lifting.  So, it took me a little bit of time to figure out exactly what I should be eating to keep from being hungry without overeating.

LES MILLS PUMP
So, I've been doing Les Mills Pump for four weeks now and I LOVE IT!!!  The workout I've done the most these last couple/few weeks is Pump & Burn.  Tomorrow I graduate to Pump & Shred.  I haven't even watched it yet.  But I'm sure it's more intense.  AND it's 15 minutes longer!  So, I'll definitely be stepping it up this month.  But I say, BRING IT ON!

WALKING/RUNNING
I have a 5k tomorrow morning...probably in the rain.  My second one ever.  I have to admit, I'm more looking forward to it being over than I am looking forward to the event itself.  I have the same goals as before...run the first mile, run more than half, and run through the finish line.  I was going to shoot for bettering my time.  But the weight-lifting has really affected my running and the rain isn't going to help either.  Outside of that, I intend to continue running and walking regularly.  It's worked for me thus far; I don't intend to give it up any time soon.

THE 17 DAY DIET
When I did my first Monthly Challenge with Jayme, she suggested that we read "The 17 Day Diet".  For whatever reason, I missed that step of the challenge.  Well, I decided it's about time I check it out.  It reminds me a lot of the Reset.  But whereas the Reset was very strict as to what I should eat for every meal, the 17DD gives me a list of foods that are appropriate for each 17 day cycle.  And there are four 17 day cycles.  So far, I find it intriguing.  Also I intend to commit to drinking more water again.  I've REALLY been slacking on my water.  And that is never a good thing, especially when dieting...and DEFINITELY when lifting.




So, that's my plan for September.  Lifting, walking/running, eating cleaner, and increasing my water intake.  It's going to take a bit of self-discipline...which is what I struggle with.  But I have a mission.  I have a goal.  And I am NOT ready to settle yet.

No comments: