Friday, May 23, 2014

Psalm 26


1 [Of David] Yahweh, be my judge! I go on my way in innocence, my trust in Yahweh never wavers.
2 Probe me, Yahweh, examine me, Test my heart and my mind in the fire.
3 For your faithful love is before my eyes, and I live my life by your truth.
4 No sitting with wastrels for me, no travelling with hypocrites;
5 I hate the company of sinners, I refuse to sit down with the wicked.
6 I will wash my hands in innocence and join the procession round your altar, Yahweh,
7 to make heard the sound of thanksgiving, to proclaim all your wonders.
8 Yahweh, I love the beauty of your house and the place where your glory dwells.
9 Do not couple me with sinners, nor my life with men of violence,
10 whose hands are stained with guilt, their right hands heavy with bribes.
11 In innocence I will go on my way; ransom me, take pity on me.
12 I take my stand on the right path; I will bless you, Yahweh, in the assemblies.

No comments: