Thursday, May 1, 2014

Psalm 4



1 [For the choirmaster For strings Psalm Of David] When I call, answer me, God, upholder of my right. In my distress you have set me at large; take pity on me and hear my prayer!
2 Children of men, how long will you be heavy of heart, why love what is vain and chase after illusions?
3 Realize that Yahweh performs wonders for his faithful, Yahweh listens when I call to him.
4 Be careful not to sin, speak in your hearts, and on your beds keep silence.
5 Loyally offer sacrifices, and trust in Yahweh.
6 Many keep saying, 'Who will put happiness before our eyes?' Let the light of your face shine on us. Yahweh,
7 to my heart you are a richer joy than all their corn and new wine.
8 In peace I lie down and at once fall asleep, for it is you and none other, Yahweh, who make me rest secure.

No comments: