Sunday, May 25, 2014

Psalm 28


1 [Of David] To you, Yahweh, I cry, my rock, do not be deaf to me! If you stay silent I shall be like those who sink into oblivion.
2 Hear the sound of my prayer when I call upon you, when I raise my hands, Yahweh, towards your Holy of Holies.
3 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with evil-doers, who talk to their partners of peace with treachery in their hearts.
4 Repay them as their deeds deserve, as befits their treacherous actions; as befits their handiwork repay them, let their deserts fall back on themselves.
5 They do not comprehend the deeds of Yahweh, the work of his hands. May he pull them down and not rebuild them!
6 Blessed be Yahweh for he hears the sound of my prayer.
7 Yahweh is my strength and my shield, in him my heart trusts. I have been helped; my body has recovered its vigor, with all my heart I thank him.
8 Yahweh is the strength of his people, a safe refuge for his anointed.
9 Save your people, bless your heritage, shepherd them and carry them for ever!

No comments: