Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Daily Prayers


I have several prayers that I pray every day.  The intention was that when I was depressed and not feeling well... when I didn't actually FEEL the words... I would say them anyway.  But I try to pray them every morning.  I thought I'd share a few here.

Prayer in Time of Despair (St. Ignatius of Loyola)

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Anima Christi (14th Century Prayer)
Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee.
From the malicious enemy, defend me.
In the hour of my death call me.
And bid me come unto Thee.
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
forever and ever.
Amen.

Act of Abandonment to the Will of God
(St. Josemaria Escriva, The Way of the Cross)
My Lord and my God: 
into Your hands I abandon the past and the present  and the future, 
what is small and what is great, 
what amounts to a little and what amounts to a lot, 
things temporal and things eternal.  
Amen.

Act of Hope
O my God, 
relying on your almighty power 
and infinite mercy and promises, 
I hope to obtain pardon for my sins, 
the help of Your grace, 
and life everlasting, 
through the merits of Jesus Christ, 
my Lord and Redeemer.  
Amen.

Prayer Before a Day’s Work
Direct, we beg You, O Lord,
our actions by Your holy inspirations,
and grant that we may carry them out
with Your gracious assistance,
that every prayer and work of ours
may begin always with You,
and through You be happily ended.
Amen.

Prayer of St. Benedict Joseph Labre
Eternal Father,
Through the Precious Blood of Jesus,
have Mercy.
Console us in our moment of
need and tribulation,
As You once consoled Job, Hanna,
and Tobias, in their
afflictions.
And Mary,
Comforter of the Afflicted,
pray and placate God for us,
And obtain for us the grace
for which we humbly pray.
Amen.

No comments: