Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Unreasonable Superstitions

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a week. It's not that I haven't had anything to say. I ALWAYS have something to say. I've just been busy. Mostly at work. By the time I get home, I just don't care to take the time to be productive. Really bad habit to get into. But it's the truth.

Yesterday, I went to my very first Colts game in person. What a great time! And the Colts won! WooHoo!! I swore if they lost I was never going to another game in person again. But now I'm safe to go see them again any time. : )

I know it doesn't make any sense to be superstitious. But with my sports, I am. My son and I are pretty serious about it. If he's watching a game and his team is winning and then I walk in and the team starts losing, our deal is that I have to leave. It doesn't matter how much I want to watch the game with him. It's more important that his team win. Even if they don't, I definitely do NOT want to be the reason they LOSE. So, it's an agreement we have. And like I said, we're pretty serious about it.

Speaking of my son, he'll be in town this weekend. He and I are HUGE Colts fans. Unfortunately for him, he lives in Bengals country now. So he rarely gets to see the Colts. Even more unfortunate, this weekend happens to be the Colts bye weekend. So, he doesn't get to see the Colts AGAIN. He wasn't very happy about that. He'll be home again for Thanksgiving. And the Colts have the Thursday night game...on the NFL network. Our cable company doesn't have the NFL network. So, two visits to Indiana during football season and no Colts football for the boy. Sorry, kiddo. If it were up to me, we'd be able to watch Colts football on demand...ALL YEAR ROUND!

No comments: