Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 9

I have been taking an antibiotic for nine days. I have faithfully taken my Augmentin twice a day every day for nine days in a row. Only one more day to go. And STILL, everything on my left side sounds like it's under water and I wake up every day with a sore throat. Not only have I been taking my antibiotic, but I've taken NyQuil nearly every night, DayQuil at least twice a day, and Sudafed three times a day. I don't feel as bad as I did the first day that I went in to the doctor. I don't even feel as bad as I did the SECOND time I went to the doctor this week. But I truly am tired of being sick. Literally and figuratively tired. I want to be able to hear again and sing again and wake up in the morning without slobbering all over myself because it hurts too much to swallow.

I started out the day running errands. I first stopped by the License Branch to renew my driver's license...which expired on my birthday last Saturday. The License Branch is closed due to the holiday. Funny...everyone else is closed Monday for the holiday. Why does the License Branch get to take off Saturday as well? So that working people have an even BIGGER challenge getting an expired license renewed? THEN I went to the local T-shirt shop to pick up an EVENT STAFF T-shirt. Another place that's only open when I'm at work. So today was my first opportunity to pick it up. The store opened 45 minutes before I needed to have the shirt on and be at the high school. I pre-ordered the shirt and was told that it would be ready for me to pick up. When I got there, the lady behind the counter said that they didn't have my size. I explained that I pre-ordered it and asked if it was possible that it was already made and stored behind the counter or something. She gave me a lecture about how they'd made like 900 T-shirts for this event and she KNOWS that mine isn't made AND again told me they didn't have my size. Great! Then she told me to hold tight and wait for the store's owner who would be there shortly. Finally, about ten minutes before I was supposed to be at the high school, the owner shows up, makes me a shirt in a size bigger than I wanted, charged me more for it because it was an extra large size, but I got to the school on time.

The event was the Indiana Association of Student Councils convention. Our high school only has a student body of about 350 students, yet over 1000 were invited to the convention. In order to house them all, some stayed in nearby towns. My role was to 'babysit' for one of the classrooms where sessions were held. Four sessions. The first and third sessions were conducted by two students that were warm and welcoming and did a wonderful job relating to their students. The second and fourth sessions were conducted by two students that were rude and unhelpful and just mean. I picture one of them 20 years down the road as a really arrogant boss that everyone hates. All in all, I had a good time though. I got to spend time with several of our Junior High students. We really have some good kids here. I enjoyed their company.

This evening, I went to an Emmaus After Glow. It's a reunion for everyone that went on one of the fall Walks to Emmaus. Good food. Good company. Good music. An absolutely beautiful night! We walked down to the pond to see the three crosses in the reflection. They weren't lighted so it was difficult to see them. While I was describing it to someone, the lights came on. It was BEAUTIFUL! And it was so amazing that it happened just as I was talking about it. Ask and you shall receive. God is so good!

No comments: