Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday. I'm 37 years old. I've said it before and it's still true... I never feel old on my birthday; I feel old on my son's birthday. And he'll be 17 in less than three months! Holy cow! I'm old enough to have a 17-year-old! Worse...I don't have the experience necessary to raise a 17-year-old. But then again, who does?

Wait! It's my birthday! It's all about me today! We'll talk about what it takes to raise a 17-year-old some other day.

So, here's the deal. Lucky for me, my birthday happened on a Saturday this year. I didn't have to work on my birthday. That's pretty nice. Unfortunately, I've had this killer sore throat and ear infection since sometime Halloween night. I guess I got the Trick instead of the Treat. My throat is feeling much better, as I finally ate a meal today. But I still can't hear anything out of my left ear except this constant ringing sound. And everything is draining into my throat, giving me this nagging cough. Happy Birthday to me!

The best part of my day actually came first thing this morning. My son called to wish me a happy birthday. It was great to hear from him. He caught me up with everything going on in his neck of the woods. He also told me that he hoped I got to feeling better. Best birthday present I've had in years.

No comments: