Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day!


I got to spend Mothers’ Day with my son. Of course, he had to work. So, instead of him coming up to me, I had to go down to him. But that’s okay. I don’t mind the drive. It’s a lot of miles in a 24 hour period. But since my car is my studio, I got some much needed voice practice in.

Once I picked up J from work, we did our usual late night trip to Waffle House. Over ‘breakfast’, we discussed the life and times of J. He’s so funny. I know I was tired and when I’m tired, EVERYTHING is funny. But J was especially so Saturday night/Sunday morning. I laughed so much. I love it when he makes me laugh. But even more, I love to hear him laugh.

Once we got back to the hotel, we played dominoes. I don’t mind saying, I kicked his butt! He says he let me win because it was Mothers’ Day. Long gone are the days when I let him win. Apparently now we’ve come to the days when he lets ME win. Though I assure you, it did NOT happen that way. I kicked his butt!

We didn’t go to bed until close to 4am. Then it took me awhile to get to sleep. Once I slept though, I slept well. But I was definitely not rested enough for my day. During the drive back to God’s Country, I soooooo wanted to sleep. I was home by 8:30, in bed by 9:30, and didn’t wake up this morning until 6:30. I can’t remember the last time I was so darn comfortable in my bed. I could have stayed there all day!

But back to Mothers’ Day. Once we woke up, we didn’t really have plans for the day. I didn’t care what we did; I was just happy to be doing it with the boy. So, he decided where we ate lunch. It was okay, but not my favorite. During lunch, we played this trivia game on the television. Again, I kicked his butt! Then we went to see a movie. Again, he decided what we saw…Iron Man. It was good, but wouldn’t have been my first choice. Then I had to take him to work. (I picked him up from work; I dropped him off at work. The kid works a lot. Almost as much as I do!)

Then I made the trip home. I listened to my CDs REALLY LOUD. The noise, the beat, and singing along helped me stay awake. And even though it was raining, I had my window down about an inch. The cool air and the noise also kept me from falling asleep. But still, it was a struggle. I couldn’t WAIT to be home. I absolutely HATE to drive when I’m tired. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Sunday night, I did NOT love it.

I was so tired and miserable that I couldn’t even reminisce on my enjoyable 16 hours with J. I had to focus too much on keeping my eyes open and my car on the road. It wasn’t until I pulled into my driveway that I started to smile. I truly enjoyed the day with J…but I was THRILLED to be home safely. Happy Mothers’ Day to me!

No comments: